Analysing competitor websites, and their off-page marketing activities, is an essential SEO exercise for any business that is wanting to understand why their rivals seem to outrank them for one or more of their primary key-phrases. A high quality Competitor SEO Analysis Report will highlight all of the strengths and weaknesses of your main competitors’ web properties, providing in-depth insight into their online strategies and the steps that will need to be taken to gain a ranking advantage.
Find out why your competitors outrank you
My competitor analysis reports are based on many years of experience analysing websites, including 4 years as a senior member of staff for a successful SEO agency just outside of Brighton. My reports have provided clients with the intelligence and the strategic framework required to improve their search visibility. By implementing the recommended steps from my reports, many clients have gone on to outrank the competition for one or more of their main key-phrases.
Get a detailed plan to outrank your rivals
Alongside an in-depth, code-level review of your website and your competitors’ sites; I will use the findings of the report to create a recommended 6 month road map of activities that either your in-house team or agency can implement (with assistance from me, if required). In terms of the report itself, you can expect the following:
- Overview of your market – investigating how your value proposition, sales messaging, branding and pricing compare to your rivals
- Technical SEO comparison – reviewing how your website compares to key competitors’ websites in terms of the technical set-up, such as site architecture & navigation system
- On-page SEO comparison – evaluating the effectiveness of your competitors’ landing pages, web copy, audience targeting, HTML optimisation and general user friendliness
- Conversion optimisation comparison – assessing how well your competitors’ websites are set-up to convert their visitors into leads and sales. This includes reviewing call to action messaging, web forms and the checkout process (for eCommerce sites)
- Off-page marketing comparison – identifying the off-page activities that are either directly or indirectly helping your rivals to rank well. This includes backlinks, citations, social media, mainstream press or television coverage
- Opportunities & conclusions – interpreting the information gathered about your competitors’ websites and marketing activities, then generating a list of opportunities for improving your site optimisation and online proposition.
Why use this service
This type of report is most suitable for medium to large size businesses, or well funded start-ups that have been in operation for at least 18 months. This type of report is most effective for businesses that are already ranking quite well on Google and other search engines but may be missing out on top 3 placements to rival organisations.
How the service works
The process is simple and starts with an initial consultation by phone.
- Initial consultation – we discuss your business, your online objectives, your competitors and your history of SEO work
- Proposal – I will send you an outline of costs based on our discussion
- Planning – once agreed on the terms of the proposal, I will schedule in a time for me to complete the assessment
- Discussion and follow-up – we will go through the report over the phone and identify if additional time is required by me to help your in-house or agency staff to address the issues identified. We will also discuss the possibility of creating an SEO roadmap or Digital Marketing roadmap, to help strategically prioritise the issues.
Contact me for a sample audit
If you would like to see an example Competitor SEO Analysis that I have written, you can either sign-up to my mailing list using the form on this page or you can drop me an email on my contact page. I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours of your request. Want to know what qualifies me to audit your site? Read more on my background.